Monday, September 14, 2009

Thesis Ramble

I am constantly engaged by my environment. However, throughout my life my strongest memories and experiences occur in two very different environments. My childhood experiences occurred primarily in the urban context of New York City, and in outdoor environments of the Northeast. These environments facilitated a large range of different emotional, and physical responses while I was growing up. They allowed play, relaxation, and sometimes even frustration, and sadness. The two environments did all of these in totally different ways, however the emotions were the same, and even the physical activities were similar. For my thesis, I would like to identify, what were the elements of these environments that illicit such strong emotional and physical responses? And, whether I can bring them together in a single location?

No comments:

Post a Comment