Monday, September 14, 2009

Urban and Natural Conditions



Renowned photographer Helen Levitt explores through photography the engagement of children and their urban context. Through their imagination, their urban environment becomes completely transformed, and objects and their qualities are seen and utilized with unusual intentions.

This photograph was taken during the summer at a camp in upstate new york. It shows a type of play in an outdoor setting away for the dense urban grid.

My personal interaction with nature. Pretty much as passive as you can get in terms of conditioning. I find that my mentality toward a comfortable environment changes when I loose control of that ability to change conditions so specifically. Perhaps there is a mental relationship between perception of comfort with one's ability to change their environment.

I pursued to capture through photography interaction between the living environment and nature at an urban environment. Stumbling into a seemingly abandoned house I discovered a study that was being invaded by the outdoors. Boundaries began to blur as the senses regarded the space as outdoors, but visually still being confined to shelter. My mind understands the shelter as incapacitated thus rendering it useless. A rather uncomfortable architectural condition. especially with the giant spider and its web less than a foot in front of my face.

No comments:

Post a Comment